Last time, I picked up Oxford Essay theme, so today in this blog, pick up Cambridge EMBA essay. Cambridge has a lot of essay themes, so divide into three blogs, and this is part1.
Following is the excerpted Cambridge Essay theme for 2022 Sep program.
Please describe your management experience. (150 words)
Describe your primary job responsibilities;
- type and size of internal and external teams with which you work or supervise
- type and number of clients or projects you manage;
- size of budget or revenue for which you are responsible;
- international experience or exposure (250-word limit)
What has been your most significant professional challenge? (200-word limit)
What has been your most significant professional achievement? (200-word limit)
Please provide a personal statement. It should not exceed 500 words and must include the following:
- What are your short and long term career objectives?
- What skills/characteristics do you already have that will help you to achieve them?
- ①What do you hope to gain from the degree programme and ②how do you feel it will help you achieve the career objectives you have?
In your own words, please answer the following essay: Who would you like to hear from as a contemporary guest speaker on the Executive MBA programme, and what would you hope to learn from them? (Maximum 500 words)
Firstly, in total around 1,800 words essay volume is a bit lower than other EMBA essay. Like Cambridge, when first a lot of themes exist, first step is categorize those themes and consider the intention of the business school.
For Cambridge’s case, three big points are mentioned ①past career ②Future object and EMBA program ③Cambridge EMBA guest speaker. Similar to Oxford, last question is very unique.
Regarding past career, this is not so difficult, since all candidate this during CV preparation stage, so only to do is just summarizing it. Points to notice is
- Candidates must write clearly to meet the requirement of management experience in question1
- in question3, have better to mention why is the learning point from the challenge
For point2. if you just write down about the challenge, of course you answer the question so will be accepted. However, from the reader point of view, we cannot find growth from the experience and seems not “great” essay. In that case, you must not write a lot for learning point, since this essay question is not “Write about challenge and learning points ” .